Happy Thursday. I pray neither of you celebrated today’s throwback theme by indulging in a bucket of chicken or a milk shake. Fight! You’re almost there.
Well, while perusing another cool vegan site today, I found one more great recipe I’d like to share with you all.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup ground almond meal
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Peel sweet potato and cut into cubes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Boil sweet potato cubes for 20 minutes, or until soft. (A fork should pierce the skin easily when cooked.)
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Place strained sweet potato cubes in a small mixing bowl and mash with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour together milk, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the mashed sweet potato to the milk mixture. Whisk together.
- Now add your quinoa flour and almond meal, slowly, whisking together along the way to avoid clumps.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a small skillet.
- Pour desired amount of sweet potato mixture into skillet and cook covered over medium heat for 15 minutes, flipping with a flat spatula as necessary. It may start out looking like a pancake, but once you begin to flip it, the mixture will thicken up and become more like porridge.
- When finished, remove from heat and transfer to a bowl or dinner skillet.
- Serve with an additional drizzle of maple syrup and sliced strawberries.
My mouth waters just reading the recipe. I can hardly wait to try this. The boys will dive right into a bowl of this. Yum!
Here’s tomorrows exercise challenge:
- 45 Low-Impact Aerobics
- 3 sets of sit-ups (increments of 12)
- 10 minutes of stretching
Happy vegan eating!