For some of us this new journey is like culture shock, but to body. Depriving your body of meat products is trauma enough. But to add the omission of dairy to the struggle is down right disturbing. I understand. However, wouldn’t it be a journey on a grander scale if your body was fit as well? I think so.
You can start by walking. Walking is the easiest and safest form of exercise where your body receives the maximum benefit of physical health. According to the American Heart Association,
There are countless physical activities out there, but walking has the lowest dropout rate of them all! It’s the simplest positive change you can make to effectively improve your heart health. Research has shown that the benefits of walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well-being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes…www.startwalkingnow.org
Here’s your fitness challenge for tomorrow:
- 30 minutes of brisk walking.
- 3 sets of sit ups – 12 in each set
- 3 sets of push ups – 8 in each set
Today, my family exercised together. We drove over to Crescent Lake Park. My husband ran around with the kids while I put some miles in on the pavement. It felt great. If you love the outdoors, now is the perfect time to begin an outside exercise regimen.
Here’s what’s for lunch tomorrow:
Blue Corn Taco Salad / Bokchoy Soup / 2 Small Organic Apples
Recipes, Book & Purchase: PCRM
Happy vegan eating and sweating!